Saturday, September 10, 2011

My 10 on the 10th!!



Copying an idea from a friends blog here is my first 10 on the 10th. My 10 on the 10th will consist of 10 things I have made, eaten, seen or just what to share from the previous month. I got a late start this month so this is really 10 from the last 10 days.



1. Cherries!!! Mid July I canned a lot of cherries. 24 pints and 6 quarts!!! Labor Day weekend I decided it was time to open a few jars to share with friends and family. I love cherries and am excited that I have enough to get me through the winter.


2. An easy quick dinner. 1 cup Uncle Bens long grain white rice, 1 1/2 cups water, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup cheese, 1 can corn and 1 lb. cubed raw chicken. Mix all ingredients in a casserole dish, cover and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese or my favorite fried onions and bake without a cover for another 10 to 15 minutes.


3. Homemade fish tacos!!!



4. The menu at Cabela's in Lacey WA. We were not very adventurous that day. Pizza and chili cheese fries.



5. Pears! I am so excited to try different recipes with pears. These should be ripe in a couple weeks.



6. The amazing colors of fruit. Left to right, blueberry butter, chai peach butter, chocolate raspberry sauce, kiwi daiquiri jam, bing cherries in a medium syrup and peach pie filling.

7. Baby food. The other day I bagged up all the baby food I had in my pantry to give to a friend for her little one. Made me a little sad to think I no longer have a baby in my house. I now have a crazy peanut butter & jelly and goldfish eating little boy.

8. We are heading to the county fair tomorrow. Excited to see the animals and exhibits, but more excited to try different kinds of food.

9. and 10. APPLES!!!!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment