Friday, September 23, 2011

Hunting Season....YEA (extreme sarcasm)!!!

Don't worry this is not a post about hunting, killing or cooking wild game.  But when hunting season comes around it means several things for me.  Single, working, tired and exhausted mommy.  This year things won't be as bad.  I have some great help at my office. So I can take a couple of days off and maybe spend time doing something fun with my son.  I have also planned ahead.  My husband asked it I could put together some meals for him to take that would be easy to make in the motor home.  Why not make double everything so I have something easy to make for dinner for me?

2 hours, start to finish (including clean up), five dinners plus leftovers in the freezer!!!

Chicken Enchiladas

3 large chicken breasts
2 large cans enchilada sauce
flour or corn tortillas
cheese

Cook Chicken
Add a little enchilada sauce and a hand full of cheese to cooked chicken
Add a little bit of enchilada sauce to bottom on dish or I use the handy throw away foil containers you can get at any store.  If you have never used them, try it.  Makes life so much easier.  Roll chicken into tortilla and place into dish.  Add more enchilada sauce and cheese on top.  These are ready for the over or cover with foil and into the freezer.  There are lots of things you can add to this recipe to make it your own.  Onions, tomatoes, hot sauce, salsa, cooked rice or beans to the chicken mixture. Another option is to make a Mexican lasagna.  Instead of rolling the chicken in tortillas, alternate layering the chicken, tortillas and enchilada sauce.

When I was finishing up with encliladas I started cooking the chicken for the next dish.

White Lasagna

3 large chicken breasts
3 jars of your favorite Alfredo sauce
1 small container of ricotta cheese
1-2 boxes of no cook lasagna noodles
Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
Add a little sauce to the bottom of dishes


Next add a layer of the no bake lasagna noodles.  They are so much easier then boiling and handling wet slimy noodles. 
Add ricotta cheese to cooked chicken


On top of the noodles add a layer of the chicken cheese mixture.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.  Add another layer of noodles and Alfredo sauce on top.  Finally top with as much or as little mozzarella and Parmesan cheese as you like.  Sprinkle a little more Italian seasoning on top and they are ready for the oven or freezer.  I forgot to take a picture of the lasagnas ready for the freezer.  Oops!

Now all I have to do is remember to take them out of the freezer before I leave for work!  So easy and great for the busy mom (or dad).  They are also great new mommy gifts. 

This weekend, before my husband leaves for hunting, I have one more dish I will make.  Good old plain lasagna!




No comments:

Post a Comment