Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Garlic Dipping Oil

The other day on my way home from the County Fair I stopped by a local bakery to get a freshly baked loaf of bread.  I was trying to think of something great to go with the bread.  Something I had at home so I did not have to stop by the store (sleeping baby in the back seat).  Butter?  Cheesy goop bread (I will share the recipe another time)?  What about dipping oil?  You know, the kind fancy restaurants serve in a little tiny bowl like it is liquid gold.  It is so easy to make, inexpensive and impressive when served to guests.

1/2 cup olive oil
5-6 garlic cloves
1 tsp Italian seasoning
course ground sea salt (about 20-30 turns)
course ground black pepper (about 20-30 turns)
1-3 pinches of red pepper flakes (depends on how spicy you want it)


I used a garlic press but you can chop or grate the garlic.  Mix all ingredients and shake or whisk together.  Let marinade for at least an hour.  Serve with bread, use as a marinade or even a salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment