Sunday, August 21, 2011

Something Sweet

So I decided today was the day to start sharing some of the fun things I create in the kitchen. I started canning this year and I have to say it has been a lot of fun. I find myself searching websites and books for something different and fun I can put in a jar and enjoy this winter. Looking at the Ball Canning website I found a recipe for chocolate raspberry sauce. What is better then chocolate and raspberries? Well maybe adding a little vanilla. For some reason when I read a recipe I immediately think of ways I can change it or make it my own. So after reading the recipe many times I decided that adding seeds from a vanilla bean would add a little something extra. I found some great looking raspberries!!





So I mashed these beautiful raspberries and followed the recipe but added the seeds from the vanilla bean right at the end.






The smell in the kitchen while making this was indescribable. The recipe yielded 8 half pint jars for me.





I am very excited to try this over ice cream or cheesecake. But when doing my holiday baking I plan on using this for my thumbprint cookies. Yum!!! Next on my list of things to try is kiwi daiquiri jam and peaches. So many things to try with peaches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment