Sunday, March 3, 2013

More Protein, Ugh

So I am officially down 20 pounds! I have been trying to follow a diet of 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fats. Some days I am spot on, others I am close and then there are those days I am not even close. One thing that is hard is getting 100+ grams of protein a day without eating a lot of calories. I started looking into protein powders. Most added a lot of protein but also added a lot of calories. But I finally found one that I think will work for me.


For 2 scoops it is 100 calories and 15 grams of protein. I know some of the other protein powders have more protein per scoop but I want to try and stay away from the extra calories they have. Last night for dinner I made a smoothie that was 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, 1 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup non fat milk and 2 scoops of the protein powder. It was delicious, extremely filling and had about 42g of protein.

For breakfast this morning I am having another shake. This one is 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen berries, 1 cup vanilla non fat yogurt, 1 cup milk, 1 cup spinach and 2 scoops protein powder. It is wonderful and about 35g protein.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment